Location and Access
The Richmond Room is located at 5 Regatta Avenue, on the river side of Ballina Library, Ballina NSW 2478.
The Richmond Room is available for hire between 6 am and midnight, Monday to Sunday.
Collect your key from the Ballina Indoor Sports Centre, 63 Cherry Street, Ballina
8.30am to 8.00pm Monday to Thursday, 8.30am to 5.00pm Fridays.
8.30am to 4.30pm Saturdays and Sundays.
Please collect your key at least one day prior to your booking.
Opening the Centre
- Collect your security key from the Ballina Visitor Information Centre office, located next door to the Richmond Room between the hours of 9 am and 5 pm daily. If you require access earlier than 9 am you will be required to collect your key on the day prior to your booking.
- Entry to the Richmond Room is via the main foyer doors which front Regatta Avenue. To assist you in locating the venue, please note that the Richmond Room is the southern annexe of the Ballina Library building.
- Unlock the foyer door and enter the foyer. Face your immediate left. You will see access to toilet facilities, a fire hose cupboard and another tall cupboard located on your, now, right hand side.
- Unlock and open the tall cupboard and look inside. On the right hand internal wall you will see a small alarm panel. Insert your security key into the alarm panel and turn the key to the ‘OFF’ position. This will disarm the security alarm.
Closing the Centre
- Upon leaving, lock the internal doors within the Richmond Room, close and lock all windows and turn off the lights before preparing to leave.
- When ready to leave the building, place the security key into the alarm panel again and turn the key to the ‘ON’ position. Remove the key from the alarm panel and close the cupboard door. Exit the foyer door and lock it immediately.
- Your security key should then be returned to the Ballina Visitor Information Centre on the next working day, or deposited in the silver mailbox to the right of the entrance to the Visitor Information Centre, after hours. Any keys lost, damaged or not promptly returned will be charged an additional $50.00 fee. Report any lost fobs immediately to Council or the Community Spaces team.