The Kentwell Community Centre is located adjacent to Treelands Reserve at 20 Bangalow Road, Ballina NSW 2478.
The Kentwell Community Centre spaces are available for hire between 6.00am and 10.00pm, Monday to Sunday. Access outside of these hours is via special request only.
Collect your key from:
- Ballina Indoor Sports Centre, 63 Cherry Street, Ballina between 8.30 am and 5 pm, Monday to Friday.
Please collect your key at least one day prior to your booking.
Opening the Centre
- Upon arriving at the centre on the day of hire, first swipe your fob past the small black sensor pad, located on the left hand wall outside the foyer, which will open the building and disarm the toilets, foyer and allocated room/s. Locate you room/s and access it using the security key provided with the electronic fob. Do not attempt to enter any room or area of the centre other than those you have hired. A fee will be charged if the alarm is set-off and security finds it necessary to attend the venue.
- Once inside the building you will be required to open the foyer entry for any other users that arrive to attend your event outside of the centre’s standard opening hours. To do this you must press the large green button located to the left of the automatic doors, on the inside of the foyer.
- You will require the electronic fob to re-enter the building any time you exit it during your hire. To do this, simply swipe the fob over the small black sensor pad again.
Closing the Centre
- Upon leaving, lock the door of the hired room then, if after hours, check the building is vacated, closing and locking all windows and turning off the lights before leaving the building. Please ensure that you complete a departure checklist.
- IMPORTANT: Once outside the building you must then swipe your electronic fob over the sensor pad again, whilst holding down the white switch button located directly beside the sensor pad. This will re-arm the alarm to the centre and the rooms you have used. Please do not re-arm if other bookings are still using the facility.
- Deposit fob and key in the after hours key return box, located behind the brick wall to the right of the foyer doors (when standing outside) or be returned to the centre on the next working day. A departure checklist must also be completed. Any fobs lost, damaged or not promptly returned will be charged an additional $50.00 fee. Report any lost fobs immediately to Council or the Community Spaces team.